Bidaya Home Finance (“BHF”, "we", “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our services are not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of 18 and we reserve the right to destroy any such information which comes to our attention.
Information we may collect about you or your use of the Website
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register an account to use the Website, subscribe to our services, when you contact us to report a problem with our Website or make enquiries about our services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, identification documents, financial and credit card information, and photograph.
- Information we automatically collect on the Website. We may automatically collect the following information when you visit the Website:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or electronic device to the Internet (whether yours individually or provided as a proxy by your Internet Service Provider), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, the other services we provide, through applications we receive for the provision of our services and from publicly available information. Due to the nature of our business, we may also obtain information about you from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). If you register to create an account with us or become a customer, you will be provided with additional details in Our Privacy Notice about the information we receive and collect, including information from third parties, and how it may be used or disclosed.
How we use your personal information
Any Information you provide to us by you will be handled in accordance with the “Bidaya Home Finance – BHF Privacy Pledge to Consumers".
We use information collected on the Website in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, only if you have consented to this. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services relevant to those products or services which were the subject of a previous product or service provided by us to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data in compliance with our policies, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or you may change your preferences and un-subscribe from any marketing communication on your account settings where available;
- to keep you up to date and notify you about changes to our services; and
- to ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you, depending on the device you choose to access our Website on, for a smooth user experience.
- Information we automatically collect on the Website. We will use this information:
- to manage the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you, depending on the device you choose to access our Website on, for a smooth user experience;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing content we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with members of our group of companies, which may include our affiliates, subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties which help us operate certain aspects of our business, including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose personal information that would identify private individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate or anonymized information about our users to help them target the relevant audience interested in our products or services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website; and
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if BHF or some of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of BHF, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also disclose or use your information if required by any law enforcement, regulatory authority, court, or other government or judicial authority.
Where we store your personal data
We have implemented and maintained technical, internal and external organisational security measures, policies and procedures to protect your personal information from accidental loss, unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. All payment transactions carried out through the Website will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will store the personal information we collect through the Website for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries, resolve problems, provide the services to you (or any other purpose outlined above) and to comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). In certain cases, we may retain your personal information for a longer period where extended retention periods are required by law or regulation and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. We will ensure that your personal data is erased in a secure manner when it is no longer needed.
Requesting access or information
- Request to un-subscribe from marketing communications. You may ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can request that we do not conduct such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also make a request at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rectification of data. If you wish to review or amend the information you provided through online applications, you can contact us to request a copy of the personal account information you provided by contacting our customer service team. There may be a charge for certain information that is requested. It may also be possible for you to review and change contact information such as your address, phone and e-mail information by signing on and updating your personal profile on the Website. To protect your privacy, we may request proof of identity or other forms of authentication when you contact us.
- Request to be forgotten. You may lodge a request with us to delete your account. We will erase your data in a secure manner when it is no longer needed.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For any questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com or telephone on 8001181111 (inside KSA).
If you have any complaints or feedback about this Policy, the Website, or our services, please contact us through the following channels:
- Toll-free telephone number 8001181111 (inside KSA)
- Attendance at any of our branches
- Contact through our website
- Live chat (where available)
- Via our official social media channels
Your complaint will be raised in our customer relationship management (CRM) system and you will be notified via SMS of the complaint number and the time taken to be resolved. The complaint will be to the relevant department; in case of delay, the complaint will be escalated to the line manager and you will be informed via a further SMS.
An SMS will be sent to inform you of the outcome of a complaint, or you can contact our customer service with your complaint number for an update.